Work with us
- To lead the Trustees in providing strategic direction for the charity, ensuring that the CEO and management are clearly working to agreed objectives and timetables, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance.
- To ensure that the Governance of the charity is consistent with the latest legal requirements.
- To ensure that the Board is effective, with strong continuity and a good balance of skills. Oversee the recruitment of new Trustees (the charity has a policy to replace Trustees every 3 or 6 years)
- To liaise on a regular basis with the CEO and provide support when required and offer advice if and when appropriate.
- To act as the charity’s figurehead at key events and functions and offer diplomatic support with key relationships, especially with funders.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, its financial stability, management of assets and the proper investment of funds.
Download the Job Description here.
For further information please contact Mark Davey.
Volunteers are essential to the Youth Adventure Trust and we are always looking to recruit new and enthusiastic volunteers who are willing to support our work. The dedication, hard work, energy and enthusiasm of our volunteers ensures that we can make a lasting difference to the lives of vulnerable young people.
At our adventure camps and activity days volunteers take part in the activities with a group of young people, and are involved in ensuring their welfare and organisation, helping them to get the most out of the programme.
- Applicants must be aged over 18 years old
- Applicants will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
- Applicants will be required to provide two references
Volunteers need to be enthusiastic, hard working and willing to get involved in a wide range of activities. They should be responsible individuals, able to act as a positive role model to vulnerable young people.
More information is available on our Volunteers Page
We are currently looking to recruit a further Trustee to join our board which consists of 9 members.
Trustee - Wiltshire & Swindon Influence
- With influence within Wiltshire & Swindon networks, able to promote the profile and interests of the charity
- Ensure effective management of the charity
- Promote good decision making by the board