It’s back! Following the success of last years Hike Bike Paddle event, we’re delighted to have you on board for Hike Bike Paddle 2024. The event will enable the outdoor industry to come together and challenge themselves while inspiring young lives.
Teams should be made up of 4-6 people who can either enter the whole challenge or do the event as a relay (minimum numbers on each section will apply). You will need to ensure that at least two members can navigate with a map and compass and it’s definitely best if a couple of you are able to swim. Don’t worry if you haven’t got a team – you can still take part and we will team you up. You will be timed and yes there are prizes!
As a participant on the Hike Bike Paddle event, you can expect:
- One day fully supported challenge, including: fully qualified mountain guides to support you on route, medical support, bike mechanic, paddle activity plus water based support and event tracking/timing chips
- Post challenge celebration including food
- A dedicated events officer and full pre-event support, including: training advice, logistical help and fundraising resources
All participants must complete a Medical & Personal Details form before the challenge. Please click here to enter your details.
Notes on completing this form:
It is essential that you answer all questions as fully as possible, signing and dating the declaration at the end. The information will be kept confidential to event staff and any medical officer(s) attending the event. When answering questions please bear in mind that we are particularly interested in any history of the following conditions: asthma; bronchitis; heart conditions; high blood pressure; kidney or bladder disease; fits; HIV; faints; blackouts; severe headaches migraines; diabetes, joint, back or muscle problems; any allergies including food sensitivities; mental health problems, including phobias; visual or hearing problems; heart related illnesses. If you fail to disclose any relevant information, your safety may be jeopardised. In addition, any insurance you have may be invalid.
Friendly competition? With prizes at stake for the highest fundraising team, you’ll want to be in pole position by the event date.
To see the who’s in the Top 5, you can view the weekly fundraising leader board closer to the event date here…
2024 Location TBC
- Kit List
We suggest participants plan to stay the night before the challenge, as it is an early start, as well as the night after the challenge. We will host a celebration and prize giving after the event; a great chance to share you stories and compare challenge notes with friends and colleagues in your industry.
If you don’t live too far away then you can just come for the day – although we would definitely recommend getting somebody else to drive you after the challenge. You are also welcome to make your own accommodation arrangements if you prefer.
Our social media posts will be added here closer to the challenge date.
Please share your involvement and ask for support by posting across your brand and individual social media channels. Remember to use #HikeBikePaddle and tag us in so that we can keep up-to-date with your training and preparations.
If you would like us to set up personalised posts for you, including your Enthuse Fundraising Page link and your company logo, please let us know.
Facebook: @youthadventuretrust | Instagram: youth_adventure_trust | Twitter: @youth_adventure | LinkedIn: Youth Adventure Trust
Get social and tell everybody about your challenge. Don’t forget to include your Enthuse page link
Action Checklist and Useful Documents
Have you –
- Submitted all of your team details through Enthuse?
- Set up your Fundraising page on Enthuse? Register here.
- Posted on social media using the social posts in the above section of this page?
- Booked your accommodation? Check out our recommendations here.
- Started your training? Check out our training advice here.
- Started your fundraising? Advice and support is available by clicking here.
- Downloaded the Challenge Handbook? Download here.
- Checked you have all the kit you need? Our equipment check list is available here.
- Download a sponsorship form for the event here.
Brands joining us on the start line are;