Salary: £22,000 per annum pro rata (£11,000 for 17.5hrs a week)
Location: Home-based, flexible with easy access to the Wiltshire area
Contract: Permanent, part time, 17.5hrs per week (flexible working pattern)
Holiday: 12 days per annum, plus public holidays
Application: Application Form
Closing Date: Thursday 19th May 2022 at 9am
We are looking for an organised, experienced and efficient administrator to support the functions of our Operations Team. The team are responsible for all aspects of the programme delivery and for the volunteer resource, who are critical to the charity’s work.
You will support our Programme Managers and Volunteer Managers in the administrative tasks associated with their roles, such as;
- Producing and sending out letters, forms, briefing documents and other materials
- Managing invoices and maintaining budget records
- Data input
- Volunteer recruitment processes including responding to requests for information, DBS check procedures and requesting references
- Collating information and data for documents and reports
- Assisting with the organisation of volunteer, programme and other events
- Supporting the production of materials and newsletters
- Updating the website and social media accounts
- Requesting and supplying information for external parties including parents, schools, activity providers and volunteers
- Supporting other aspects of the daily administration of the programme and volunteer resource as required
- Acting as an ambassador for the Youth Adventure Trust at all times.
On occasions you may also provide support to additional areas of the organisation such as fundraising, recruitment and the senior management team.
The post is subject to a six months’ probationary period.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, self motivated individual, able to deal competently and professionally with all administrative requirements. This is a varied role and will require somebody with a flexible approach, who is used to dealing with and prioritising a diverse workload.
We need someone with:-
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
- Strong IT skills including competence with Microsoft Office, email and databases, and the ability to use a range of software
- Well-developed communication skills, high standards of written English and a good level of numeracy
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload, including managing changing priorities and working to deadlines
- Skills in collating information and data
- Experience of website updates
- Experience of other online communication tools such as social media and e-newsletters
- Experience of uploading information and maintaining a database
- Self-motivation and integrity, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the Youth Adventure Trust’s vision and values
The Youth Adventure Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. Therefore;
- a satisfactory DBS Disclosure will be required for this post;
- we will seek references on shortlisted candidates before interview, and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications;
- if the applicant is shortlisted, any relevant issues arising from his or her references or application will be taken up at interview;
- if the applicant is currently working with children, on either a paid or voluntary basis, his or her current employer will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children, including any in which the penalty is “time expired” (e.g. where a warning could no longer be taken into account in any new disciplinary hearing), and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns, and if so, the outcome of any enquiry or disciplinary procedure. If the applicant is not currently working with children but has done so in the past, then contact will be made with that employer who will be asked about these issues; and
- applicants should note that providing false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected, or dismissal if the applicant has been selected, and possible referral to the police.
Please review our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy available at www.youthadventuretrust.org.uk/safeguarding
How to Apply
Please complete the Application Form which includes the opportunity to outline why you think you are suitable for this role, making specific reference to the Role and Candidate descriptions above.
The Application Form should be returned to:-
Tessa Woodrow, Director of Programmes & Development
Youth Adventure Trust
Windmill Hill Business Park
Applications Closing Date: Thursday 19th May 2022 at 9am
Interview Date: Thursday 26th May
Unfortunately we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
The Youth Adventure Trust sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Data Protection Statement
Equal Opportunities and Diversity Statement
Youth Adventure Trust is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.