We currently have one job opportunity available:
Title: Programme Manager
Reports To: Director of Programmes & Development
Salary: £29,000 – £31,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Location: Home-based, flexible with easy access to the Wiltshire area
Contract: Permanent, full time
Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
Application: Application Form
Closing Date: Thursday 18th January at 23:59
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and motivated Programme Manager to deliver, manage and support our YAT Adventure Programme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the key point of contact to organise, deliver and oversee the Adventure Programme to a group of young people, including managing and supporting residential adventure camps and activity days throughout the year.
- Recruiting young people to the programme, working in collaboration with our referral partners including schools and other organisations, ensuring all involved have an excellent understanding, relationship and experience with the Youth Adventure Trust.
- Working in partnership with the young people’s families to promote full attendance, effective participation and ensure they have all the information they require.
- Carrying out direct work with young people to help support their needs and fulfil the Youth Adventure Trust’s aims.
- Providing ongoing feedback to young people, parents, carers and schools.
- Supporting the effective monitoring of the programme and measurement of young people’s developmental outcomes.
- Working with the Mentoring Managers to select and support young people moving on to the Mentoring Programme, and promote take up of the Bursary Programme.
- Ensuring the highest standards of support, safety and safeguarding across the programme and all aspects of the Youth Adventure Trust’s work.
- Taking the lead with day-to-day administration and management of the programme. This will include maintaining a database, producing written communications and reports, information leaflets, website updates, budget monitoring, booking and negotiating with providers, and an array of detailed record keeping.
- Contributing to organisational planning and development, including supporting the development of further opportunities for young people.
- Supporting the fundraising team through providing feedback, reports or event support.
You will also;
- Be involved in sector networking and awareness raising on behalf of the Trust.
- Act as an ambassador for the Youth Adventure Trust at all times.
The post is subject to a six months’ probationary period.
To be up to the challenge you’ll need an excellent understanding and a proven track record of relevant experience working with vulnerable and challenging young people. You’ll need demonstrable skills at building effective relationships with young people, parents/carers, and professional organisations. You’ll need strong influencing and motivational skills; the capacity to get the best out of people and confidently deal with issues and challenges. You’ll be an excellent communicator, planner and problem solver, a strong team player and an exemplary role model.
We need someone with:-
- Commitment to safeguarding and dedication to promoting the welfare of young people.
- Relevant experience of managing young people, preferably in a residential environment as well as outside of this.
- Experience in working in partnership with other professional organisations and parents/carers.
- Strong leadership and team skills to motivate, support and work alongside a team of volunteers, activity instructors and logistics staff.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work on their own initiative to plan and manage their workload.
- Strong IT skills including experience of MS Office, web based platforms and databases.
- Excellent administrative skills and a methodical and thorough approach.
- The ability to perform well and problem solve in high-stress and changing situations. Ability to be flexible and dynamic in approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude, high energy and enthusiasm for the work of the Youth Adventure Trust; an understanding of the positive impact outdoor adventure can have on vulnerable young people, and a desire to help inspire young lives.
- The ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as required is essential – if you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is required.
The Youth Adventure Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and requires all employees to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment and in compliance with current employment legislation, and relevant safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
Please be advised;
- a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure with Children’s Barred List will be required for this post;
- we will seek references on shortlisted candidates before interview, and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualifications;
- if the applicant is shortlisted, any relevant issues arising from his or her references or application will be taken up at interview;
- in accordance with due diligence checks, online searches may be conducted as part of the selection process on shortlisted candidates;
- if the applicant is currently working with children, on either a paid or voluntary basis, his or her current employer will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children, including any in which the penalty is “time expired” (e.g. where a warning could no longer be taken into account in any new disciplinary hearing), and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns, and if so, the outcome of any enquiry or disciplinary procedure. If the applicant is not currently working with children but has done so in the past, then contact will be made with that employer who will be asked about these issues; and
- applicants should note that providing false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected, or dismissal if the applicant has been selected, and possible referral to the police.
Please review our Safeguarding Policy available here
How to Apply
Please complete the Application Form which includes the opportunity to outline why you think you are suitable for this role, making specific reference to the Job Description and Person Specification above.
The Application Form should be returned to:
Tessa Woodrow, Director of Programmes and Development
Youth Adventure Trust
Windmill Hill Business Park
Applications Closing Date: Thursday 18th January at 23:59
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Friday 19th January.
Interview Date: Thursday 25th January, Location TBC.
A second interview will be held for selected candidates on Sunday 11th February in the Wiltshire area.
The Youth Adventure Trust sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Unfortunately we are unable to reimburse interview expenditure incurred.
Data Protection Statement
Equal Opportunities and Diversity Statement
The Youth Adventure Trust is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.