The second camp in your Youth Adventure Programme is the Coastal Camp which will be in the half term holiday at the end of May/beginning of June, when you’re in Year 8 at school. We’ll spend 3 days camping in the Purbeck Valley on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset.
You’ll meet up with the same group of young people from your Mountain Camp and Activity Days, and have the chance to try out paddleboarding, raft building and coasteering, as well as beach games and challenges. The activities and working with your team will help you to continue building your resilience, self confidence and social skills.
We’ll make sure you’ve got all the equipment you need for the camp, including a tent, sleeping bag and waterproof clothing. You’ll just need to bring plenty of changes of clothes and some spare trainers. We’ll send you a kit list of what you do need to bring just before the camp.
Listed below are the items you will need to bring for the camp. Please bring old clothes and shoes where possible as we cannot be held responsible for damage to clothing during activities. This list is just intended as a guide, and you might like to pack extras, especially warm clothing.
- 6 Tops or T-shirts
- 4 Pairs of trousers (tracksuit bottoms, leggings or combat style – no jeans)
- Shorts (an old pair, sports style would be ideal)
- 4 Warm tops (jumper, fleece, long sleeved top)
- Underwear and socks (lots of extra pairs of socks as these tend to get very wet or lost!)
- Suitable nightwear for cold nights
- Wash kit to include: toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, deodrant and sunscreen.
- 2 Towels (please make sure you bring 2)
- A Sun hat (this is really important, a baseball cap is ideal)
- A warm coat (waterproof if possible)
- A torch and spare batteries
- 2 binbags (for wet clothing)
- 1 water bottle with child’s name written on
Essential Additional Items:
- A packed lunch and two drinks on the first day
- A small rucksack (school bag will be fine)
- 2 Pairs of trainers (This is very imporant. There should be one old pair that can get wet)
- Swimming costume or swimshorts
Please note: NO MOBILE PHONES, ELECTRONIC GAMES OR GADGETS ARE ALLOWED AT CAMP. This is really important – any child who takes either will have them confiscated for the duration of the camp. The Youth Adventure Trust can not take responsibility for any such items.
You won’t need any pocket money as we won’t be visiting any shops.
Download the kit list as a Word document here.
- Consent form
- Parent/Carer Feedback form
- Young Person Feedback Form